Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The first day

Remember this a few weeks back?

Today I finally made it into his office for the first time. Don't ask why it took this long.

It was an interesting day. Very interesting.

I headed out to his clinic, which is about half an hour away, and got there at about 1:45. He was out of the office but was due in any minute. He was in about a minute later and things went to shit fast.

A dog that was brought in (for what I don't recall) got nervous in the exam room, leaving the room in a diarrhea-type mess. The doc had her taken outside while his assistant cleaned up in there.

Someone brought in a goat to be gelded. Seeing that made *me* hurt down there. Poor guy.

Then I got my first trip out in the field to take a look at a horse the owner thought had a bad eye. The eyes looked fine, but the doc noticed that he was walking a little funny. It wasn't a big deal, basically the equivalent of having a rock in your shoe.

It was a fairly uneventful afternoon.

I'll be going back Thursday and am planning on spending the whole day there.

EDIT: After some thinking, I realized it might be better to keep things as anonymous as possible... not exactly sure how privacy rules come into play about this kind of stuff.

1 comment:

K T Cat said...

Sounds interesting. Did you enjoy it? I mean, except for the diarrhea part.